Monday, November 25, 2013

Art (?) and Education


Before I get into a chiari related post, I just have to say one thing. Just received a press release for Flaunt Magazine’s Art Basel group show. There’s going to be a private performance piece by Vanessa Beecroft, in collaboration with Kayne West. Oh Lord, please no! Marina Abramovic and Jay-Z’s were bad enough! I’m so glad I’m not going to be in Miami this year.

Back to the chiari
Fell of the blog last week. Had a bit of time off work, and my body let me know loud and clear that I’m getting worse. I’m getting closer to what I fear the most. Ok, maybe not the most, but it ranks higher than zombies and gremlins.  Spent most of the week horizontal, and staring at my iPhone. Time wasn’t only spent reading Gawker, Wonkette and Blink on Crime. Found myself pouring over chiari pages and searching for any more tidbits of info I could get.

So you’ve now heard my little recap on ailments. Here are some links to support and also much more in depth information on Chiari Malformations. There are so many diverse symptoms and not everyone will have them all. I’ve seen some people liken the diversity to a box of chocolates since you never know which one you’re going to get. Another thing I’ve noticed on chiari support pages, is an abundance of posts by women. This got my curiosity and my googling up. According to the Chiari Institute, women are affected three times more than men. Just what we need, another affliction that leans toward females.

Since so many doctors have little or no knowledge of chiaris, it’s best to arm ourselves with more than a little bit of knowledge. Below are just a few links, but there are many more out there.

links to informative sites and pages dealing with Chiari Malformations:
http://www.conquerchiari.org/index.html


more information and support

information and a great way to explain to anyone what it’s like to live with an invisible illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment