Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello world,


Starting this blog with mixed emotions and even a few jumbled thoughts. Over the past years (in actuality, turns out it’s been all my life), I’ve been battling something my doctors could never quite sort out. I finally have some answers on my health. Turns out the lot of what I have, is a chiari malformation, platybasia, missing/detached right vertebral artery, dorsally angulated odontoid process (C2), brain aneurysm, and stenosis of carotid arteries. Long list to simply put, my brain is sliding back into my spinal column and cutting off spinal fluid flow and a bone is poking into my brain/brain stem. This wonderful perfect storm of malformations is making living in New York quite an obstacle course and a balancing act of challenges. Anyway, this will be a little place where I can get things out in the open, share a little information, and maybe find a way to give back something to the world.

#chiari #invisibleillness

2 comments: